ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND

Following the rabbit to Okinawa and beyond

 
The
Many
Faces
Of
Alice
JET Adventures 1 - The beginning
Friday, July 29, 2005
What the hell is this JET nonsense anyway? It's probably the best exchange programme in the world ever. You get to go to Japan, get paid a decent salary, have a pretty easy lifestyle and get treated like a superstar. So the hype goes, anyway... Anyone can apply as long as they have a degree (in any subject) and they're under 39 years old.

Sounds pretty sweet eh? Here are the downsides before you even get there: The application process is long, drawn-out, and horrific. And you don't get to have much of a say in where you go - you could be posted anywhere and the chances are that it'll be a rural village instead of the neon lights of Tokyo that you might be hoping for. Don't be put off though, I've only been in Japan for a week but I can already feel that it's going to be a year of Interesting Times :)

I applied because I was fed up with the work ethic lifestyle of spending the years when I still have my own teeth sitting in an office, because I wanted to get out and meet people who also had an adventurous spirit and itchy feet, and to feed my j-pop culture addiction (go bump of chicken!) :)
posted by Alice @ 6:11 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
A L I C E

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Japan Stuff
Cool Stuff
Watch with your eyes
Comics for your face
© 2006 ADVENTURES IN WONDERLANDTemplate shamelessly ripped and modified from Isnaini Dot Com