|
| JET Adventures 43 - Random stuff |
| Sunday, April 16, 2006 |
Since I got back from Australia things have changed quite a lot. There are new students, new teachers, and a new school year. I have a new supervisor whom I suspect is going to try and get me involved in a lot more stuff, like setting up an English club and training new teachers, and who will probably put an end to all the free holiday time that lovely Izumi used to let me take. Boo! Ah well, all this slacking off has been good fun and I'm formulating a plan to bribe the new one with Milky Ways.
Random thing #1 - Square Pigs
 Want one, want one. I've now spent over £10 quid trying to use one of those ridiculous UFO grabber things to bring me one of my very own.
Random thing #2 - Movies, movies, movies Last week I saw Brokeback Mountain (gay men plus cowboys equals the ultimate combination of rubbishness). This week I saw Crash (yes well alright, but how can you justify the title without providing some big explosions and flying debris?). And next week I'm going to go and see V for Vendetta (it had better not be rubbish). Marvel at how wonderfully behind the times Okinawa is in terms of the Big Screen.
Random thing #3 - TV while driving
 This might explain why Okinawans drive so erratically. This is my teacher's car - she can get more channels in her car than I can get on my TV at home. I begged her to let me stay and watch robot-space-cat-from-the-future-with-no-ears Doraemon instead of going to the teachers' welcome party, but she said no.
Random thing #4 - Fancy dress shop
 Terrifying or post-modern? You be the judge!
Random thing #5 - Medical test Apparently there is going to be a very thorough medical test for all the teachers at school next week. I've heard from older JETs that, just like everything else in Japanese society, it's very much a group experience. Everyone sits in the same room in their underwear holding their little jars of urine, and doctors mill around taking blood out of people's arms while all the teachers chat about the weather. Eek! |
posted by Alice @ 9:06 pm  |
|
|
|
|
| A L I C E |
|

|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Links |
Japan Stuff
Cool Stuff
Watch with your eyes
Comics for your face
|
|