|
| JET Adventures 47 - Rain! And! Insects! |
| Friday, June 09, 2006 |

I'm starting to wish I'd paid more attention to the Bible because I think there is clear evidence that God is pretty angry with Okinawa and is trying to kill us all in His own special way.
First up is the rain. It's rained solidly for 9 days so far. And it's not the gentle pitter patter splish splash like in Bambi, it's proper torrential oh-my-god-I-think-I-might-actually-drown kind of rain. Hooray for the rainy season! I actually own a raincoat and two umbrellas, which is one raincoat and one umbrella more than I ever owned at home. It's still hot though, with the average temperatures being in the mid 20s. That's nothing compared to the humidity, which is at least one million percent. So walking around in the rain is a bit like having a shower while being in a sauna. My iPod was as baffled by this phenomenon as I was and promptly commited suicide. I've despised its total rubbishness since the day I got it so I'm not mourning its loss - if the rain hadn't got it I'm sure I would have smashed it to pieces with a hammer out of frustration sooner than later.
Not only are there Noah-esque floods to be suffered, but also the horrors of pestilence. It started when I came out of hospital - I'd left a bunch of bananas on my windowsill, and after two weeks of being away they were looking pretty bad so I went to throw them away only to have a giant black cloud of fruitflies rise up like they owned the place. The week after, I went to a party and we saw the biggest cockroach I'd ever seen single-handedly scale the walls of the kitchen and reduce us all to gibbering idiots. But the winner of the "who's got the biggest insect problem" prize goes to Louise - after discovering little holes in her walls and piles of dust around her apartment, she found out she had a termite nest living in her wall and had to be evacuated.
So what's next? I'm expecting snake-eating spiders commanding an army of giant rat-faced mosquitos to fall from the sky while we're all sinking into quicksand created by 21 more days of flooding. |
posted by Alice @ 9:59 pm  |
|
|
|
|
| A L I C E |
|

|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Links |
Japan Stuff
Cool Stuff
Watch with your eyes
Comics for your face
|
|