|
| JET Adventures 6 - Home to Nishihara |
| Sunday, July 31, 2005 |
After a day of Okinawan orientation at the hotel, our supervisors come to pick us up and the whole lot of us disperse across Okinawa. It's weird after spending so much time with these people but we know we'll see each other again at various events including the amazing Toshikiki island trip which is a weekend getting pissed on a beach at one of the most beautiful Okinawan islands. I'm lucky in that my supervisor Izumi is lovely and speaks good English - I've already heard stories about one girl getting dropped off at her apartment and then being left on her own with nothing and no instructions. I'm supposed to be staying at Izumi's while my apartment gets cleaned, but it turns out that her husband thinks I (like all Western girls) will run around the house in my underwear(!!!) so I'm staying at a CIR's apartment while she's in Hawaii, which is one floor above the apartment I'll move into next week. This is the view from her balcony.

Izumi takes me to the school to pick up the rest of my luggage and I meet some of the teachers - I had to pull some pretty ropey Japanese out of my head to introduce myself with, but they all seemed nice and friendly. I finally get to meet Damian, the guy who I'm taking over from, and Izumi takes us both out to dinner, then Damian takes me to this crazy bar where all the bar staff are practicing "flair" - Tom Cruise style Cocktail moves. They're practicing for the world championship competitions(!) but they keep dropping all the bottles and spraying the walls and ceiling with alcohol :) |
posted by Alice @ 5:24 pm  |
|
|
|
|
| A L I C E |
|

|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Links |
Japan Stuff
Cool Stuff
Watch with your eyes
Comics for your face
|
|