ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND

Following the rabbit to Okinawa and beyond

 
The
Many
Faces
Of
Alice
JET Adventures 12 - Catch up
Monday, August 15, 2005
Long time no blog. I'm waiting for my internet to get set up in my apartment but until then I'm taking advantage of the school one and passing this off as "cultural education" time :)

The things I've been up to since last time include:
* Going to Chattan with Theresa to watch 15 year olds do breakdancing, sing boyband songs and do stand-up slapstick comedy in the streets

* Agreed to judge a speech contest in a neighbouring school. Beginning to regret it now because I think there're over 30 contestants and we've got to write reports on all of them plus give some kind of "well done, you've all worked so hard" speech in Japanese eeeeeeek!

* Went to another festival in a kimono and helped do some kind of enormous tug-of-war ritual and ate too much candyfloss




* Had my birthday and had 3 birthday cakes nummy




* Had my first taste of Puri-kura, the Japanese obsession of dressing up, going into a photo booth with all your friends, taking bizarre photos, decorating them on computers with flowers and cute animals, printing out copies as little miniature stickers

* Gave a speech in atrocious Japanese to 80 teachers at my school given no notice whatsoever

* Got extremely sunburnt at the beach (Araha beach, or US-marine+family beach - there was one family there completely decked out in swimsuits emblazoned with the US flag)

Pics later, yes.
posted by Alice @ 11:36 am  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
A L I C E

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Japan Stuff
Cool Stuff
Watch with your eyes
Comics for your face
© 2006 ADVENTURES IN WONDERLANDTemplate shamelessly ripped and modified from Isnaini Dot Com