ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND

Following the rabbit to Okinawa and beyond

 
The
Many
Faces
Of
Alice
JET Adventures 52 - Nago Festival II - The Return
Sunday, July 30, 2006


My friend Nancy came to stay for a few days. She's moving to Nishihara (where I live) from Minami Daito - a rock in the middle of the sea. Daito is famous because it has no beaches. You literally get winched out of the boat by a crane, up the huge cliffs of death. It's also famous for the party life; apparently Daito has the highest percentage of diabetics in the whole of Japan due to the insane alcohol consumption. This is her playing "Guitar Hero", sanshin style.



The leaving parties are never ending. This pic was taken at Rachael's leaving party, of the infamous "fun with bodies" duo. About 5 minutes later, the one with the hat sprained her ankle and the one without the hat sang Johnny Cash's "Walk The Line" at karaoke, substituting all the words for 'meows'.




My first weekend in Okinawa was spent at the Nago Festival - my first Okinawan experience of Eisa, candyfloss, fireworks, and winning weird-looking inflatable objects. Obviously now I'm a pro.



Did I mention that the entity known as "summer Alice 2006" has short hair? Kawaii, de sho?
posted by Alice @ 10:52 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
A L I C E

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Japan Stuff
Cool Stuff
Watch with your eyes
Comics for your face
© 2006 ADVENTURES IN WONDERLANDTemplate shamelessly ripped and modified from Isnaini Dot Com